Help us tell Australians something important…
Help us launch a TV and billboard advertising campaign to tell Australians:
FLUORIDE DOES NOT BELONG
IN OUR WATER!
FLUORIDE FREE AUSTRALIA
For better health
Fluoride Free Australia is planning to launch an advertising campaign, including three 15-second TV ads and one billboard ad, to be screened and displayed in two of Australia’s capital cities. Later we hope to create more ads and expand the campaign to other capital cities. We also plan to use these ads on social media platforms.
The extent of the advertising will depend entirely on how much we raise.
In this first stage, funds raised will be used specifically to create the TV and billboard ads. Another fundraising campaign (to be launched at the same time as our new web site) will help us raise additional funds for the screening of the TV ads and display of the billboard ad.
The top 10 reasons to end water fluoridation in Australia:
1. It doesn’t work. Several major, large-scale studies clearly show that fluoride is not effective at reducing tooth decay.
2. Fluoridation chemicals are highly-toxic, hazardous, industrial-waste by-products from the processing of phosphate fertilizer.
3. Less than 5% of the world’s population receives fluoridated water and 98% of European countries have ceased, rejected or banned water fluoridation.
4. Fluoridated countries do not have less tooth decay than non-fluoridated countries.
5. Fluoride is a neurotoxin. A total of 53 human studies revealed fluoride’s damaging effect via lowered IQ in children.
6. Fluoride is an endocrine disruptor. The US National Research Council found that even extremely low levels of fluoride affect the human thyroid gland.
7. Fluoride causes dental fluorosis. A survey conducted by the US Centers for Disease Control found 41% of American adolescents now have some form of fluorosis, while New Zealand’s Ministry of Health admits that 40% of children in NZ have some form of dental fluorosis. In Australia, dental fluorosis is intentionally downplayed, downgraded or completely omitted from most dental surveys. Dental fluorosis is the first sign of fluoride poisoning, therefore no amount of fluorosis is acceptable.
8. Fluoridation is a violation of medical ethics. There is no informed consent, there is no warning of possible health risks, there is no prescription or monitoring and the dose cannot be controlled.
9. Fluoride and bottle-fed babies: dental researchers have warned that infants should not drink baby formula reconstituted with fluoridated tap water because they will receive up to 250 times more fluoride than found in mother’s milk.
10. Fluoride has never been approved. The fluoridation chemicals added to our drinking water have never been approved by Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration or by the US Food and Drug Administration.
For around 50 years Australians have heard the mantra “safe, effective and ethical” repeatedly regarding the fluoridation chemicals added to our drinking water. But many people are not aware of the facts behind this claim. There is a substantial and growing body of scientific research showing that fluoride interferes with a number of biological processes and that it causes adverse effects to many parts of the human body; all major large-scale studies show there is no difference in tooth decay rates between fluoridated and unfluoridated countries, regions and cities; and all studies used to defend or promote fluoridation are of remarkably poor quality. Mandatory fluoridation, by its very nature, cannot possibly be ethical, as the New Zealand Supreme Court recently ruled, and the tactics used by our health authorities to hide the facts and defend fluoride are far from ethical. Also, the exclusion of toxic non-pharmaceutical grade fluoridation chemicals from approval by our Therapeutic Goods Administration is simply absurd.
It’s time Australians heard the full story about water fluoridation because, despite what we have been told, fluoride is NOT safe, NOT effective and NOT ethical.
Please donate and help us inform the public about fluoride.
And PLEASE take a few minutes to follow/like/share us on social media because this will be integral to our success:
If you would like to contact us, or if you would like to assist or get involved in any way, please complete the form below.